Glanced at briefly, filed away for future reading, and presented here for your edutainment.
- In 2010, there were ~ 64 births per 1000 women aged 15-44. In 2009, there were ~ 15.1 abortions per 1000 women in the same age range. That is one child in five. Population growth in the US would be at (or close to) self-sustaining levels, absent abortion.
- Obama to Create Mass Organization Devoted to Obama. No mention of whether or not they will have snappy new uniforms. Maybe something with a nice brown shirt.
- In the last two months, Americans have bought enough guns to outfit the entire Chinese and Indian armies. Srsly. That's a lot of guns. No mention of whether or not brown coat sales are up.
- Fifty Life Hacks to Simplify Your World.
- Chinese bloggers wonder whether religion is the secret to democracy. Meanwhile, there is rising discontent in China as their middle class continues to grow. I believe it was Aretae who pointed out that freedom is a luxury good...
- Of course, before there is any effective political change in China, they will need leaders who are willing to make that change. The indication seems to be that this may be the case. Oh, and it would help if they could avoid a war with Japan.