QOTD

I saw this in response to a Facebook link to the article "If Romney's Losing, Why Do the Media Act Like He's Already the President?":
Would be clever if Romney in the debate said something like, "I can promise America this, if I am elected, the American people will once again have a press that is critical of the president and will keep his policies in check."
True...

Update: Synchronicity strikes via Monster Hunter Nation, where Larry [1] comments:
To all of my moderate/undecided friends, one advantage of electing a republican is at least the press will do their job and report scandals.
[1] No, I am not on a first name basis with Mr. Correia [2].  If I speak of him familiarly, it is for three reasons: (a) I feel many of our views on government and politics are simpatico, and as such, consider him to be a kindred spirit.  (b) He is a net personality in certain circles, which puts him in the realm of Tam, Roberta, Borepatch, TJIC and the like - that is, folks for whom a first name, in context, is quite enough to identify them.  Finally, and most significantly, (c) He is, as the saying goes, "a mountain of a man", and I live in mortal terror of offending even such a gentle and forgiving spirit as his by subjecting him to my repeated and clownish misspellings [3] his tricksy, tricksy last name.

[2] Yes, I did indeed triple check that I spelled his name correctly there.  Mortal terror, I tell you.  Mortal terror. 

No comments: