Time To Re-read "An Enemy Of The State"

That economic tsunami I warned about a few weeks ago? It's getting closer.
Fuel prices in the USA have increased steadily over the past two months, rising 51 cents a gallon on average since December 20th last year. They've now risen for 32 days in a row, according to the AA...
[John Williams] claims that overall, US inflation is running at approximately 10% at present, and expects it to worsen significantly over the course of this year. He warns that hyperinflation is a real possibility by the end of 2014. I agree with him. What we're seeing now, sparked by the weaker dollar and increasing fuel costs, is the beginning of that decline.
Yeah, yeah.  Gas prices traditionally rise in the spring.

/me looks out the window.

Well, whaddya know?  It ain't spring yet.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that the price of gas continues to rise through March, and we get another 10% increase on top of what's already in place.  If I see $4.25 a gallon for regular in western PA by April 1st, I won't be surprised at all.



No comments: