"Is that a gun in your pocket, or..."

How to arrange good-looking clothing around the decidedly non-standard bulge of a handgun is a topic worth looking at. It’s something that a whole range of men need to think about: police detectives, security guards, entrepreneurs in dangerous countries, and even your average American civilian who prefers to be armed.
Covers weapon choice, types of carry, and - of course - style.

Being a non-gunnie [1] type, I thought the article was interesting; and based on what little I do know, I went looking for "pocket carry" to see if what they said lined up with what I had seen elsewhere from folks that I trust...

The biggest disadvantage of carrying your gun in your pocket is that, unless you have an internal holder sewn into the pocket (which we recommend if you plan on pocket carrying regularly), the gun will shift around as you move. This can slow your draw, make the gun more likely to “print” (show its outline through the fabric), and even be a safety hazard.
Emphasis mine, which checks out with what I've seen before on the subject.  So it seems like they've got at least a minimal clue.  I'll have to keep this article in mind should I ever decide to pick up my CC permit.

[1] By which I mean: I know what I have, I like what works for me, and debating gun styles and manufacturers and all that just isn't my bag.

No comments: