Via The Crank:
The government is clumsy, incompetent, greedy, corrupt, and prone to suddenly decide that behavior that has always been legal is now criminal. Not our government now; all governments, ever. For these reasons it is nearly always in the citizens’ interest to keep the State blind, deaf, and crippled.
- The FBI spent six years monitoring and investigating ant anti-war organization because they misunderstood that the organization was trying to report a threat someone made against them.
- The CIA has developed a taste for drone strikes.
- The TSA did what the TSA does so well: harassed a mother who had the gall to travel with her child, who has special medical needs.
- Oh, and in case you think that the problem is with federal government, local law enforcement in New Mexico isn't looking too good right about now, unless you think that involuntary sedation and invasive medical exams without consent are a vital tool in the law-enforcement toolbox.
- A school principal in Georgia got a criminal trespass order banning the Army veteran parent of a student from coming on school grounds, because she posted a picture of her concealed carry license.
That's just from today.
I won't even include the latest news reports on the ongoing IRS scandals, the Benghazi hearings, the Obamacare debacle, and the latest and greatest "Oops, yeah, we totally forgot to mention we were also violating those other laws, our bad" NSA Revelation of the Day ™.
Blind, deaf, and crippled. I like the sound of that.