What Is The Sound Of No Man Posting?

On Facebook, I have a handful of folks tagged, starred, liked, and otherwise marked so that Ye Olde Algoythms of Science can understand that updates from them are important, man.

And yet, I routinely miss updates from those people.

As in, multiple times a day.

Today was particularly bad, as the top post in my news feed is now somewhere around 16 hours old. Whereas I usually see 20-30 new posts per hour during the day, for some reason today, I'm seeing a tenth of that.  Folks are still posting - I'm just not seeing it.

I swear that Facebook must intentionally run their internal network with the crappiest UDP implementation they were able to hack together over a drunken weekend back in '03.

... which would explain a lot about Facebook, really.

No comments: