Back In The Saddle Again

Fifteen minutes.  One mile.  Heart rate 175.

Not bad for having taken almost a year off.  I was worried that I would have to start off all over again from the beginning, and that if I really pushed myself, I might be able to manage a half mile.  Apparently, though, it takes more than a year of relative inactivity for your cardiovascular system to completely reset.  A fact that I was quite happy to realize.

I feel good now; we'll just have to see how I feel come the morrow.  Aching muscles I can deal with - that's just a matter of stretching, patience and time.  If my knee is hurting again, though, I may have to start considering a lower-impact workout.

If the knee holds up?  My ultimate goal is to get back to where I was a year ago: 36 minutes, 3 miles, all at a heart rate 160, three times a week.

Here's hoping.

No comments: