Via Professor Mondo, here's a wonderful pointer to the lovely little town of Scarfolk. As the Professor points out, it sounds like a nice place to visit:
Scarfolk is a town in North West England that did not progress beyond 1979. Instead, the entire decade of the 1970s loops ad infinitum. Here in Scarfolk, pagan rituals blend seamlessly with science; hauntology is a compulsory subject at school, and everyone must be in bed by 8pm because they are perpetually running a slight fever. “Visit Scarfolk today. Our number one priority is keeping rabies at bay.” For more information please reread.
Some of the fascinating historical topics covered by the Scarfolk Council blog include:
- The ghost of Mrs. Payne, 1975
- W. Smith newspapers, magazines, stationery, 1979
- "Never Go With Strange Children" public information poster, 1977
- "How to Wash a Child's Brain" Pelican Books, 1971
- Vicks Vaporub Blindness Ointment, 1978
- Summer Holiday Diseases Colouring Book, 1976
Their tourism poster from 1972 says it all, really.