Correct me if I'm wrong, here...

Over the past few days, I've seen a push from progressives to frame the current HHS debate as something like the following:  "If you don't support the idea that an employer's health insurance must pay for contraceptives and abortions, then you're denying women access to reproductive health care!"

Let's ignore the "reproductive health care" bit, which is laughable.

How in the world are they missing the whole "employer" part?

Here, let me make it clear for you:

If your employer's health care coverage doesn't include something you want... why not TAKE SOME OF  THE FREAKING MONEY YOUR EMPLOYER PAYS YOU AND BUY IT YOURSELF?

Seriously, folks.  For birth control, we're talking about $10/month, here.

It's really actually amazing, and quite liberating - taking money I've earned, and spending it on things that are important to me.  Y'all should try it sometime.




No comments: