The Rule of Fate

The Rule of Fate: "All significant discussions of theology eventually devolve into an argument over free will."

Witness Vox Popoli: Chains of stars and science

Mind you, I'm not saying I disapprove.  Finding the root of an issue is important.  For example, I've put forth many times in my preaching and teaching [1] that all discussions of sin eventually find their root in pride (or "self love", as Khaavren would say [2]).  When you start discussing the nature of sin, of course, you find yourself debating... free will.

So, yeah.  I'm just making an observation here.

[1] What? You thought this was just a holding pen for political snark?  Heaven forbid!

[2] Yeah, I'm referencing a fictional nobleman, created by a Trotskyist, in discussing a post about Christian theology from a libertarian.  Isn't this internet thing awesome?

No comments: