An Inconvenient Truth

At the age of thirty-five, the author of such literary classics as I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell and Assholes Finish First has had something of an epiphany regarding the licentious lifestyle which informed his New York Times-bestselling tomes. As the years have worn on and life taken its toll, Tucker Max has conceded that copious sex and booze do not lead to happiness.
Emphasis mine.

Hmm, wait, that reminds me of something...
And whatsoever mine eyes desired I kept not from them, I withheld not my heart from any joy; for my heart rejoiced in all my labour: and this was my portion of all my labour.
Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all [was] vanity and vexation of spirit, and [there was] no profit under the sun.
Emphasis God's.

Yeah, yeah, I know.  It's religious.  You can't have any of that religious stuff in modern society!  We're all so beyond that!  I mean, after all, what could some old dead guy have to say that could possibly be of any relevance to today's sophisticated, modern, progressive culture?
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this [is] the whole [duty] of man.
 Nothing they want to hear, in any case.
 

No comments: