Heck of a Day...

Tuesday morning at oh-dark-thirty, Dad headed to the hospital for an appointment with general anesthetic, a sharp knife, and a very skilled surgeon.  A few hours later, he was in a hospital bed in the neurological ICU with a bandage on his head, a massive headache, and a new lack of Bad Stuff in his brain.  All in all, the operation did not just go as well as we could have hoped - the situation was even better than the surgeons had initially thought.

As a result, this morning... they sent him home.  As Dad commented, "Darn near outpatient brain surgery".

Indeed.

Went from that good news to my annual performance review at work.  Looks like they think that I am worth keeping around [1], which is just fine with me.

Third bit of news: the house construction is proceeding (albeit more slowly than we would really like).  We received official notice from the builder that our anticipated completion date is May 31st, which is wonderful.  I am hoping that we can be moved in by May 30th, which is a date of some significance to myself and the Lovely Mrs. Robb, as it is the day that she officially became the Lovely Mrs. Robb mumble-mumble years ago.  

Oh, and hey - speaking of anniversaries, today the Embedded Theologian is 7 years old.  Yay!  Just in case you needed an excuse to scarf some cake. [2]

[1] Either that, or I am such a pitiful wretch that the thought of firing me is akin to the idea of kicking a sad puppy.  I don't really want to know which one is more likely.  Let me enjoy my illusions.
[2] Other than, "Hey, there's cake!", I mean.  Some of us like to rationalize.

No comments: