Hey Ma, Look! I'm Programming Teh Intarwebs!

There's any number of odd little links and articles I come across on my daily wanderings across the net.  Sometimes they end up here, with more or less commentary attached. [1]

Lots of times, though, I end up throwing them up on Facebook. [2] In that case, I generally don't bother to expound upon said linkage, especially if the title and description of the link make it obvious why I found it interesting.

Lately, I've found myself vacillating between the idea of posting a link on Facebook and posting something on the blog.  I've generally gone with a post on Facebook because, well, that's easier to do.

Enter IFTTT.

I've decided to experiment for a bit with using IFTTT to automate posting links from Facebook to ETheo.  It's an interesting little service, and it looks like it will work reasonably well, but of course, only time will tell.

On one hand, there will be more postings showing up here.

On the other hand, there will be a wider range of posts showing up here.

On the gripping hand... eh.  More posts, more variety, that's about it.  I just wanted to say "On the gripping hand", really, because what geek wouldn't?

[1] And usually with a dash of snark, because snark makes everything better, amirite?
[2] Now, there's some unintentional imagery...


No comments: