Life Preservers

Overheard something close to the following on talk radio this morning (Quinn & Rose, if you're curious). I'm paraphrasing, because I don't recall the exact words, but it was something like:
Romney's a life boat.  A life boat may not be the boat you want to be in.  But it can keep you afloat and give you the chance to get to the boat you want to be in later.
Ah-yep.  As noted In Jennifer's Head:

Romney is a long way from who I want in office.  But he’s not running for a single term.  He doesn’t want to piss the rest of us off before his re-election. I don’t think he’s stupid either.  He’ll pander, but I think we can be the people he panders to.  And the more crap the left throws at him, the less I dislike him.
Again, ah-yep.


Finally: do you feel as if you have no influence on the direction of the country?  As if your vote doesn't matter, because no matter what you do, the outcome is going to be the same?  That's learned helplessness.

Ask yourself who taught it to you, and who has the most to gain from your feeling that way.

Then, come November, go vote.

No comments: