Being Me

Over the past year or so, I've taught a couple of lesson series for my junior high Sunday school class on topics like what it means to be an effective follower of Christ, and what it means to be an effective Christian leader. Yesterday, I started a series that I'm really excited about... what it means to be you.

Not "you" as a son or daughter, or a student, or spouse, or an employee, or a church member, or a citizen. Just talking about what God has to say about you, as an individual. Why you are important to God. What kind of relationship he wants to have with you, and what kind of relationship you have with Him. And, most of all, why it matters (or should matter, at least).

So, while I'm sure there's not going to be a break from the typical political snark - being snarky is part of what makes me me, after all - I'm hoping to write a bit about these lessons as they develop. Even if you're here primarily for the snark, I hope you'll stick around for a bit of the theology, even if it's only to see what we right-wing nut jobs and bitter clingers like to think about when we're not busy advocating traitorous notions like limited government and financial prudence.

Yeah, see? That right there? Snark. What can I say? I just gotta be me.

No comments: