Right there with ya

A friend of mine just posted something that says exactly what's been on my mind lately:
5. Life is back in perspective. Several of my friends are dealing with some incredibly difficult trials right now. One has a child facing a third round of cancer, another has some rare complications with a pregnancy that landed her in the hospital for over a week, and another's dad and husband is in the hospital in serious condition. In the face of that, how can I cry about T's relatively minor struggles? I've realized once again how truly blessed I am to have a fairly healthy family, two bright kids, and so what if one of them needs a little nudge in a few areas? I'm so glad my heavenly Father is there to hold and comfort each and every one of us, regardless of the size of our trials.
Yeah. What she said.

Another gentleman said it even more eloquently:
Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
-- 1 Peter 3:8-9
Indeed.

No comments: