The Walking Man Walks On By...

December 29th, 2018.

That day's walk was five and a half miles.

Which put me at 2020 miles for the year.  My lovely wife was with me for 370 of them, including the last dozen miles. I could never have done it without her encouragement.

A special thank you to Dawn, Bob, Marcia, David, Jon, Martin, Debbie, Aaron, Amy, Michelle, and so many others who were a constant source of encouragement.

Plus a VERY special thank you to Lori, Sarah, Cheri and the rest fo the folks down at Prestogeorge Coffee & Tea for keeping me caffeinated throughout all my travels

Some stats:
  • Walked 338/363 days this year.
  • Average of 5.97 miles per day.
  • Twenty-nine days walking at the Pittsburgh Mills mall.
  • Sixteen days where I did 10+ miles.
  • Five pairs of shoes.
  • Two half-marathons.
  • Over 18,000 photos.
  • Over 1,000 photos of abandoned clothing.
  • Shed 15 pounds, and went through two new belts.
Goals for next year?
  1. Walk in 19 new locations for 2019.
  2. Lose 19 pounds in 2019 - get down to 180.
  3. Write 190k words in 2019 - 3700 words per week.
As an adjunct to #3, I intend to finish a novel this year, and publish it; either indie, or trad.

One way or another.

Here's to 2019!

No comments: