Missed Chances

I was thinking about this earlier today, and kicking myself.  A few weeks ago, Obama was visiting Pittsburgh, and he stopped in at CMU to give a speech and press the flesh.  I didn't get an invitation to attend - I graduated from the CIT [1] side of the house, where people are generally expected to be able to add 2 and 2 together and get 4 instead of "magical unicorn farts!"

My wife, however, graduated from H&SS [2], which is a much more Obama-friendly portion of the college.  And so she received the mandatory "Come and see Obama - isn't he just dreamy?!?" invitation to attend The One's (TM) appearance.  Free tickets, yinz guys!  Come and see!

We didn't take them up on the offer.  As usual, we were pretty busy not building that.  You know, doing things like running a household, working a job, and so on. Amazing how much time not doing something takes up, isn't it?

Which is why I'm kicking myself.  There was a chance I could have actually met Obama.  I even knew exactly what I'd say to him, if I had the chance...
"This is such an honor.  I've never had the chance to meet an ex-president before!"
[1] Carnegie Institute of Technology.  Hasn't been called that for ages, really, but it sounds a lot better than "those odd guys who hang out in Wean Hall."

[2] Humanities and Social Sciences.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

LOVE it!!! :-)

T.N.B.C. said...

Perfect in every aspect... Found you by way of Borepatch...

Dan said...

Brilliant....and it almost certainly would have flown right over the head of the narcissist in chief.